Common Misconceptions About Personal Injury Claims
- Insurance companies make it a practice to treat people fairly.
- If you are fair with the insurance company, it will be fair with you.
- Colorado Juries are always fair and always render verdicts that fairly compensate accident victims.
- If you are in an accident and the insurance company asks for a recorded statement, you have to give it to them or they will refuse your claim and refuse to settle.
- Your medical bills and other expenses will be paid by the insurance company of the negligent driver as they are incurred.
- When the insurance company makes their "best" or "highest" offer, they will never go higher.
- Lawyers that advertise heavily on T.V. and in the yellow pages have greater skills or resources than firms that do not.
- All lawyers that advertise heavily will actually go to court and try your case if they agree to handle your case.
- Law firms who advertise heavily are necessarily trial lawyers.
- All lawyers who advertise that they handle personal injury cases have the same skills, abilities, tools and experience to handle your case.
- The Colorado jury system is a lottery.
- It is possible to determine the extent and severity of injuries by examining the amount of damage to the vehicle.
- If a person does not feel immediate pain at the scene of a collision, they are uninjured.
- Injuries are always “caught”, diagnosed and treated in the emergency room.
Back to Personal Injury Victim Help Center